So... ever since I made the fall project with toilet paper rolls, I've been a little bit obsessed with them. I feel like there are so many different things you can make from toilet paper rolls and I love them because, well.. not to be gross, but with 5 girls in our house, toilet paper rolls are plentiful.
And, now that everyone in the house has seen what I did with them, they are even more willing to save them for me haha.
Anyway.. it's no secret I love music, so the other day when I was staring at a mound of toilet paper rolls I came up with this project-- toilet paper music notes!
[What you'll need]
1. Toilet paper/paper towel rolls. I probably used 2 toilet paper rolls.
2. Scrapbook paper.
3. Elmer's Glue
4. Hot Glue/Hot Glue Gun
[Here's how to do it]
1. Cut your toilet paper rolls into 1 inch sections (like I did in my fall project).
2. Take two of the sections--use one as the circle (or head) of the note; cut the other one in half like so:
3. Cut a small portion from the tp piece you just cut (about 1/2 an inch). It should now look like this:
4. Take the same piece and bend it like so (this will become the "flag" of the music note):
5. Hot glue the "stem" to the note head. The arrow below shows where the hot glue should go:
6. Once the hot glue has dried, spray paint the music note the color of your choice. I chose a metallic aluminum (aka shiny silver) made by Krylon.
7. Just like I did in the fall project, glue the circle part of the music note (the head) to the scrapbook paper of your choice. I chose a pretty patterned paper that was in the clearance section of Michaels (I got it for 35 cents!). It's easier to glue it directly to the paper and then cut it out, rather than try to cut the paper perfectly to the circle (does that make sense?)
8. Once it's dry cut it out. It should look like this:
Another option: make them into Christmas ornaments! Poke a hole in the stem of the note and wa-la! (I used wire that's supposed to be for hanging pictures to hang it from the "tree")
I hope there will be many more toilet paper projects to come! Are you sick of them yet?!
Looking for more toilet paper projects? Check them out here!