If you're new here, you might want to start from the beginning:
Happy Sunday, friends! I'm sitting here drinking a cup of coffee and chatting with Momma Rev. My heart is just overflowing with excitement from this week and the week that's ahead (our Grand Opening is next Saturday, July 16th!). It hasn't been easy or even "smooth," but we're getting there!
I wanted to pop in and give a final update on the building before we show it filled with goodies. There are some items I'm keeping a secret for the Grand Opening (and we'll do a reveal post of the full space next week), but here are some features we can update you on from our last post! Of course it goes without saying that we now have a bathroom, AC/Heat, etc., but that's boring stuff to photograph! Here are the pretty things that we adore:
1. Our classroom divider is in place (a free-standing wall made from doors) and the chalkboard calendar is hung up! We painted an old pull down map with chalkboard paint and then my Mom painted the calendar and such on it. This is at the front of the shop and we'll use it to display our Cause of the Month and the calendar will have all of our events and classes.
2. On the other side of our classroom divider is our classroom! Here you'll find the gorgeous table my Dad made! The top is made from wood that we salvaged from the space. The chairs are mis-matched chairs that we found and painted Patina Green by General Finishes. There will be other tables/chairs set up for classes, but the table will be the focal point in this room.
3. The lighting and chandelier has been hung!
4. You might remember from Update #2 that my Dad put the tongue and groove wood that we salvaged from the building in the old door space. These doors used to lead to the units that are in front of us, but now they're a beautiful built in shelf! The trim is Patina Green by General Finishes, the stain is Brown Mahogany by General Finishes, and the plaster is now painted a simple bright white from Behr.
I can't get over how far the space has come! There's still a good bit to get accomplished this week, but we're ready for the challenge and can't WAIT for you guys to see it!
Before I go, I must say a HUGE thank you to my family and friends who have worked SO hard with me the last few weeks to make this possible. I seriously could not do it without you all!
How you can help us this week:
1. Tell your friends and family about our Grand Opening!
3. Come to our Grand Opening! We want to see you!