Hey friends! This is our first official before and after post with the store open and it feels so good! We're so thankful with how well everything is going so far! We sold several furniture pieces so we were painting like crazy last week (which is a wonderful problem to have)! I found this gorgeous set and fell in love with all of the details:
I thought these would be an easy project, especially with my Earlex HV5500 paint sprayer, but they turned out to be pretty difficult. I painted them with General Finishes Antique White and then had horrible bleed-through. I'm not sure if there were stains that I just didn't see until I started painting, or what, but no matter what I did or technique I tried (even my Shellac technique), the bleed-through kept coming. Instead of crying my eyes out, I decided to paint it a darker color -- General Finishes Driftwood. I had no problems with the bleed-through after that, so I did a little happy dance in my garage!
I lightly distressed the details and all of the edges to really make the details pop! I loved how the white popped through a little bit, too!
Then, I finished the pieces with two coats of General Finishes High Performance Top Coat in Flat.