Remember that huge empty space above our sofa?
Yup, that one. It was driving me insane, so I finally did something about it and wrote about it on Crafting a Green World. Now, I want to share it with you guys!
What You Will Need:
1. A large frame. I used a frame that I found at a garage sale (it was such an ugly green!) and then I painted it silver for this wall art project. For this project, I painted it a flat brown and it looks sooo much better.
2. Sheet music or other recycled paper
6. Scrap cardboard that is large enough to fit in your frame
7. Any embellishments you would like to add. I used my Silhouette machine to cut out the letters "It is Well" but you could choose another quote or lyric as well!
How To Do It:
1. Mix glue and a little bit of water in a small jar/cup. I'm not really into measuring stuff when it comes to crafting, but you'll want it to be the consistency of soup.
2. Cut your cardboard to the size of your frame.
3. With a small paint brush, paint your glue mixture onto your cardboard. Then, start placing your paper onto the cardboard and "paint" more glue on top of the paper. Continue to glue and place your paper small sections at a time. I basically used the same "technique" I used for my sheet music desk, except for that project I used spray glue. Once I was finished, this is how mine looked:
4. Once your pages are dry, cut the excess paper off around your cardboard.
5. Add your embellishments. I glued my letters directly to the sheet music layer.
6. Once everything is dry, put your cardboard into your frame. My frame didn't have any glass or backing, so I simply taped my cardboard to my frame. (This picture is before I added my embellishments)
Now your frame is ready to be hung up!
I love it because I used items that I had on hand and it didn't cost me anything! What wall art could you create with items you have on hand? Get creative!! :)
P.S. -- I even made a sign for Crystal Padilla Music's merchandise table using a poster board frame. I didn't take an after picture with it all glued down (and straightened) but you get the drift!
Linking up to these awesome parties:
Monday-- Bedazzle Me Monday @ Everything Under the Moon; Make It Monday at Brassy Apple; What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party at The Gunny Sack; Weekend Warrior Mondays at Ask Anna; Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple; Life Made Lovely Monday at Life Made Lovely; Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle; Tuesday-- Tute Tuesdays at A Law Student's Journey; Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm; Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife; Naturally-Nifty Linky Party at Natural Nesters; Wednesday-- Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Link Party at Passionately Artistic; Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence; Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style; Thursday-- Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity; Catch a Glimpse Thursday at a Glimpse Inside; Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths; Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage; Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack; Friday-- Financial Friday Link-Up at The Grant Life; Feature Friday at Blissful and Domestic; A Pinteresting Link Party at Tutus and Tea Parties; Tickled Pink at 504 Main; Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge; Freestyle Friday at Happy Hour Projects; Friday Frolic at Pocket Full of Pink; Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello; Simply Creations Friday at My Simple Home Life; Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby Designs; Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now; Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest; Functional Friday at The Not So Functional Housewife; Link Up with Me, Liz Marie; Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed Saturday-- Show Off Saturday at Nutmeg Place; Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter; Head to Head Showdown Saturday at I Can't Stop Crafting; Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special; Sunday-- Sundae Scoop on I Heart Nap Time; So Creative Party Time at So Very Creative; Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime; Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming; Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes; Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper;