(Warning: This post is full of iPhone photos with terrible lighting. Please do not judge my lack of photography skills for this one post, okay?)
It seems like I'm always asking you guys for design advice, but I love all of your suggestions so I just can't help myself! As I shared a few days ago, my roomie and I finally found a new rental home. I am so thankful for this home and we move in a week from today (the 28th).
Here are just a few of the things I love about it:
- it's within our budget
- it's in the perfect area (safe, close to both of our jobs)
- the rooms are huge
- the living room is large, too
- it has a two car garage = more room to
- it has tons of storage space
- the yard is small = less mowing for 2 girls who hate to mow
- it has better quality windows and doors than our old house = hopefully a better electricity bill
Here are a few things I don't like about it:
- it's mostly carpet (living room and bedrooms) and not-so-cute linoleum (kitchen, dining room, bathrooms). Plus side: the carpet looks new and is dark so it will hide dirt/stains well. The linoleum is also a neutral color.
- the trim isn't painted... I just love white trim
- the kitchen is outdated (picture below)
Those are really the only things I don't like about it... so it's great! I'm not sure if we can paint the trim or the cabinets, so I went on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter to ask for advice. I realize that not all of you guys follow me, so I wanted to ask on here, too! Here are the pictures I took when we first looked at the house. Again, they're from my iPhone and it was raining that day, so the quality isn't great, but you get the idea.
As you walk in the door:
The view of the entire living room from the dining room:
I know it will look completely different once we get all of our decor and accessories in there, but is there anything that you would add to make it even more pretty? Keep in mind that it has to be projects that are removable once we leave. We are allowed the paint the walls, but it has to be light/neutral colors.