I recently started writing for a website called Feel Good Style and my first post was this adorable eco-friendly wreath for fall! I wanted to share it with you guys as well. It's super simple to make and it only cost me $2 because most of the supplies I already had on hand-- my kind of project!
What You Will Need:
1. An old wreath. Here are the hideous wreaths I started out with:
I got them at Goodwill-- one for 99 cents and one for $1.91
2. Sheet music or other recycled paper
5. Two buttons
6. Hot glue/hot glue gun
7. A ruler
8. A permanent marker
How To Do It:
1. Remove all of the gorgeous items from the old wreath. I decided to redo the pink one, so I removed the pink part. There was still a ton of glue on the front, so I simply turned it over to the back.
2. Make the paper flowers by following the directions on my Recycled Paper Mother's Day Brooch tutorial (except you won't add the brooch pin).
3. Hot glue the flowers to your wreath.
4. For the mini banner, cut a piece of twine the length of your wreath.
5. Use a ruler to draw 4 triangles that will fit across the twine. They should look something like this (make sure you leave a little flap at the top so you can attach it to the twine):
6. With a permanent marker, write each letter of "fall" on the triangles.
7. Attach the triangles to the twine by hot gluing them like so:
8. Tie and/or hot glue the banner to your wreath.
Pretty easy, right? I love it!
If you're looking for another easy wreath, check out this Recycled Paper Fall Wreath that I made last year:
Have you ever made your own wreaths? If so, share them in the comment section below or on my Facebook page-- I'd love to see them and share them on Pinterest!
Linking up to these awesome parties:
Monday-- Monday Funday at C.R.A.F.T; Manic Monday at Serendipity and Spice; Bedazzle Me Monday @ Everything Under the Moon; Make It Monday at Brassy Apple; What's In the Gunny Sack Link Party at The Gunny Sack; Weekend Warrior Mondays at Ask Anna; Motivate Me Monday at Keeping it Simple; Life Made Lovely Monday at Life Made Lovely; Amaze Me Monday at Dittle Dattle; Tuesday-- Tute Tuesdays at A Law Student's Journey; Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm; Be Inspired at Elizabeth & Co.; Show Me What Ya Got at Not Just a Housewife; Naturally-Nifty Linky Party at Natural Nesters; Trash to Treasure Tuesday at Kammy's Korner; Wednesday-- Show Off Your Stuff Party at Fireflies and Jellybeans; Link Party at Passionately Artistic; Under $100 Linky Party at Beyond the Picket Fence; Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style; Thursday-- Thriving on Thursdays at Domesblissity; Catch a Glimpse Thursday at a Glimpse Inside; Hookin' Up With House of Hepworths; Transformation Thursday at Shabby Creek Cottage; Everything But The Kitchen Sink at A Little Knick Knack; Friday-- Financial Friday Link-Up at The Grant Life; Feature Friday at Blissful and Domestic; A Pinteresting Link Party at Tutus and Tea Parties; Tickled Pink at 504 Main; Feature Yourself Friday at Fingerprints on the Fridge; Freestyle Friday at Happy Hour Projects; Friday Frolic at Pocket Full of Pink; Weekend Wrap Up Party at Tatertots and Jello; Simply Creations Friday at My Simple Home Life; Fabulous Friday at Ohh Baby Designs; Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now; Frugal Friday at the Shabby Nest; Functional Friday at The Not So Functional Housewife; Link Up with Me, Liz Marie; Furniture Feature Friday at Miss Mustard Seed Saturday-- Show Off Saturday at Nutmeg Place; Spotlight Saturday at Classy Clutter; Head to Head Showdown Saturday at I Can't Stop Crafting; Funky Junk's Saturday Night Special; Get Schooled Saturday at Too Much Time on My Hands; Share Your Creativity at It's Overflowing; Sunday-- Sundae Scoop on I Heart Nap Time; So Creative Party Time at So Very Creative; Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop at Homemaker on a Dime; Sunday Showcase Party at Under the Table and Dreaming; Think Pink Sundays at Flamingo Toes; Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper;